Friday, December 31, 2010

This Wild Precious Life "Green: Immortality"


Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?” – Mary Oliver

"What can you do with your days but work & hope
Let your dreams bind your work to your play
What can you do with each moment of your life
But love til you've loved it away
Love til you've loved it away" -- Bob Franke

"What we do for ourselves dies with us.
What we do for others remains and is immortal."---Albert Pike

There is no doubt in my mind that there is a part of us that continues to live after death. It is that part of us that returns to the Light. It is that part of us that we reflect back to the Great Light. The part of us that we share with our mate and with which we trust our best friends.

This is the one station for which I have the ritual work permanently, indelibly, in my mind. So much does this evoke that speech that I am having difficulty writing as I have vowed not to share those words. Why do I believe without doubt that there is life after death? Because I was aware of my deceased parents, and my great-nephew who died in 2000, and the horses they rode that had died years before--all standing just outside the cemetery boundary when we buried my mother's ashes. I felt my father's presence when I needed it. I also heard them from far away tell me that I needed to get on with life, that they had other work. Three months before my mother's death, she had a dream where God told her, "There is much work to be done." And then He called her Home--apparently needed some help for His Work. Especially since Pope John Paul III died a month later. I concluded something really big was up!

Seriously, I believe that science and religion are ways for us to evolve and evolution is the reason we are here. Not evolution of this frail mud body, but evolution of our soul. There is Enlightenment. There is a purpose in this life, God has a plan for us. Whether we cooperate is another matter. That plan is a basic one that is flexible depending on our decisions. If we goof up. we will be presented with a slightly modified version of the plan later in our lives, until we either get it or give up. Many of us give up before we have milked all the learning out of this life that we can.

I would change Mary Oliver's quote to say, "This wild precious life" as there are more than one. There is just no way that we can learn all we need to know in one lifetime. Yet each one is precious, and we must push for all the growth we can pack into this life--Instead of the internet quote which describes sliding into home with our bodies all used up. It is slamming into Homebase with our souls crammed full of life lessons. Perhaps this is why we have so much chaos in our world.

"You must have chaos in yourself in order to give birth to a dancing star. I say unto you. You HAVE chaos in yourself." from Thus Spake Zarathustra,
by Friederich Nietzche

Confront your chaos, embrace it and learn from it. THAT is the Omnipotent One's plan for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment